|Chapter 4||Explanation of Scriptures|
8. It will be said here: "This sounds crude and ruthless! How can such be heard from the supreme love of God?! What can man do more than attain through the diligence of his study, the perfect insight into the great truth and Divinity of the great Teacher?! What higher things can man do, than to strive to recognize the true, highest, holy dignity of the divine Word, and really recognizes it through his diligence?!
9. But I say: That is true on the one hand - it is certainly better to do something, than to reject everything and then to indulge in the arrogance of the world; but the Scriptures also say: "At that time many will say to Me, 'Lord, Lord!', and that however, means that I will say to them: 'Depart from Me; because I have never known you!'
10. That is the foundation of the passage you know in the New Testament. Under the saying, "Lord, Lord", it is shown that Christ is well known as the way, the truth, and the life; but what good is this knowledge, if no one wants to walk the way, and does not want to actively seize the truth in order to get through to life?!
11. Surely, I am not an actor, that I want to be satisfied with the empty applause, but my cause is full of eternal earnest, and I therefore demand serious activity, not only empty applause!
12. What face would a rich bridegroom make if different brides wish to show all him all acclamation and would like to praise and glorify him; but if he would like to have one or the other, then she would run away, and in her heart revile him for such audacity?
|Chapter 4||Mobile view About us|