|Chapter 2||Paul's Letter to Laodicea|
1. Therefore, let no one influence your conscience, not through a bishop and a priest (i.e. uncalled by God), not through a day of feast, nor through the old Sabbath and new moon,
2. Nor through a temple, nor through a sacrificial ceremony, nor magnificent raiment, and just as little through food and drink.
3. Be moderate in eating and drinking; that is good for the spirit, the soul, and the body and is agreeable to the Lord;
4. But when someone says, teaches, and desires: “This and that particular food should not be eaten, because according to Moses it is unclean.”
5. Then I say in opposition to that: Moses and the prophets are fulfilled and redeemed in Christ; the Lord did not forbid us any food; He Himself ate and drank with sinners and publicans.
|Chapter 2||Mobile view About us|