|Chapter 3||Paul's Letter to Laodicea|
1. I, however, say: Avoid lies, which are the closest descendant of Satan, because now to a great extent you changed over to man's law, as I learned from Nymphas, and also through the Spirit of Christ within me.
2. What is the temple? Nothing but man's law – a dead work by the hand of man; nothing but mere phantasy that passes away as soon as you awaken from your sleep.
3. Since it is what it is, it is therefore a lie, which you are getting into, to lie and to deceive yourself; since you are of the opinion that therein you give God the honor, and to God Himself you lie to, and you are of the opinion that you render Him an important sacrifice.
4. You fools. What service do you want to render the Almighty Who founded heaven and earth before you were created?. What do you have now that you did not receive before; but since you did receive it, why do you behave as if you did not receive it?
5. Do you wish to render to the Lord to some extent a pleasant service, that you build Him a temple by the hand of man, and worship Him through ceremony and the burning of incense, and through dead prayers on long or wide ribbons?
6. Oh, look, how much you have been bewitched by an Apostle of Satan. Was Christ not – in whom dwells the fullness of the Deity – in the flesh sentenced to death in the temple, and at the time did He Himself not prophesy its total downfall.
7. How could He at this time find pleasure in this, if He cautioned severely all of His disciples, as He did us in the spirit, when He said: “Beware of the sourdough of the Pharisees and high priests”. And now you want to set up the old “Court of Justice” which has become an abomination before God, as a dwelling for the Lord, so that you may kill Him many times over.
8. How blind can you be and how far must you have passed over into the world, that you did not notice such an occurrence.
9. Is it not enough that Christ died once for all of us, and now all of us with Him, so that we can be resurrected with Him, while still in our flesh, to the true recognition of His Spirit which is within us, and to the recognition of the Father, Who loved us before the World existed?
10. How often do you want to kill Christ? Him, the only eternal Living Being, who once awakened all of us from death to eternal life through His Glorious Resurrection.
|Chapter 3||Mobile view About us|