|Chapter 3||Explanation of Scriptures|
2. If you look at this parable from afar, you must at once see two central suns at a glance!
3. What does the smart builder master look like? - Surely one who has made his foundation completely on the known two commandments! And when the storms and the heavy rains come, they not only cannot harm the builder master, but even fix his house stronger to the rock; because the winds dry up the walls of the house and make it thirsty for moist. When the rain comes, it gets absorbed into the dry walls of the house, dissolves it here and there and joins the particles, which become sticky and binds through repetition of such scene, the masonry ever firmer and stronger together.
4. Natural examples of this truth can be found in every old castle ruin, which often defies centuries; and if it should be demolished, it is easier to break fresh rocks than such a wall. The cause of this is the rain, which, through its dissolving power, transforms certain parts of the stone into a limey-sticky mass, thereby combining the entire masonry over time, into a united mass.
5. And see, such it is synonymous with a man awakened by the laws of love! He is a building on a rock. The winds that come and hit the building, and make it dry and thirsty, are the noble desires to always more and more recognize the Author of all things, in order to grow in such knowledge in love for Him. The following downpours are the works that the thirsty gets to read. He eagerly sucks them into himself, and always becomes aware of how, through their influence, the still empty, unconnected crevices in him are gradually filled up and made into a unit; and the more the downpour falls on this building, the firmer will be the building after every downpour.
6. But of what a different effect are the winds and the downpour to the building which was built up in the depths on loose sands! When the winds blow and thump against the loose building and shake it, and then the flood-waters caused by the downpour come, the building is done with. For the winds crush the often already cracked walls, where the cracks and crevices are the bad consequence of the sandy soil; and then comes the waters, and it easily tears down the whole building and flushes it into some nearby stream, to its final ruin.
7. I think that this should be as clear as a central sun! For a person who does not even have a clue about a spiritual preparation, must obviously perish if he intentionally lets the spiritual winds and the spiritual downpours pass over him, so that they can turn him into a solid building, or make him a firm, spiritually wise man!
8. Give the Bible in the hand of an either completely, or at least half worldly man, and say to him, "Friend! Read this diligently, and you will find what you desire: the hidden treasure that you always longed for, consisting of gold, silver, and precious stones, which is a perfect life of your soul!"- and this friend follows your advice, take the Bible and read it with great attention.
9. But the more eagerly and attentively he will read this work, the more outward contradictions he will encounter, and will soon say to his friend: "Friend, I have now read the book you have advised me to, at least six or seven times; but the more often and the more attentive I read it through, the more contradictions and nonsense I encounter! What's the story of all this colorful tinkering, what with those mysterious prophecies that seem to have as much connection as the Chimborasso in America with the Himalayan mountains in Asia?
10. That these two mountains are surely on one and the same earth is clear; so, too, are similar prophecies in one and the same book, and that is clear. But how such prophetic passages are coherently connected, or how the Chimborasso are probably connected through the whole center of the earth with the Himalayas in Asia, would be hardly possible for an earthly naturalist to discover, as long as he still fears the fire and finds the sea a too powerful quencher for his moderate thirst.
11. I can tell you, my dear friend and brother, as I read this book for the first time, it seriously seemed to me as if it had some hidden wise sense; but the more often and the more critically attentive I read it through, the more I became convinced that this whole book is nothing but the richest treasure trove of the most gross nonsense! For apart from some old practical sayings of wisdom, it is just one insensibility following another, and apart from the only few sayings, which are also not the purest gold, is this whole book quite suitable to keep up the mystical stupidity of man for another few centuries!
12. From this reasoning and consideration, you can sufficiently deduce what effect the winds and the torrents from the Bible had on our earthly building. Once such a sand-based person has been destroyed, may those who want, again collect him; for I and all My angels find such work one of the most difficult of all, and it is easier to get ten thousand people from all the streets and alleys into the great feast of life, than one such a man who departed from reading the Bible, to buy oxen.
13. However, as it relates to the reading of the Bible, so it is with the reading of all internal, spiritual exegesis (interpretations, explanations). Because then everyone will say, "If that is their meaning, why is it not so worded?
14. And even if you clarify the foundation of its parable so clearly, he will only laugh in your face and say: "After the deed one can easily prophesy! For every nonsense can be twisted and turned like dough, and one can form out of it what one wants; for chaos is the cause of all things - from it, everything can be formed over time! But why not give a prophecy as it actually happens? The reason is: because you cannot know that in advance; therefore, one chooses mystic nonsense, which can become anything in the future!
15. That is also the final judgment, which can no longer be enlightened by the power of any central sun. - I think that will be clear too; but we still want to bring together several central suns. Next, therefore, again a central sun!
|Chapter 3||Mobile view About us|