|Chapter 5||Explanation of Scriptures|
"I am thirsty!" "It is finished!" (John.19,28 .30 written on 28.12.1843)
1. But so that you do not want to say in the end, as if not every text is a complete central sun, but only such as I put it here Myself, choose for yourself a text, as you want, and we will see, then, if it does not truly enlighten one and the same main reason as the same central sun before the eyes of the spirit. And so, do such!
2. You have taken the two short texts: "I thirst" and: "It is finished!"
3. But before we pass to the clear illumination, I must already give you the assurance that I have completely released the choice to you; because otherwise you could say in the end, I just gave you what I deem necessary. And now we go over to the main thing!
4. "I thirst!" - After the love that the world does not have - that's why she even gave me only vinegar and bile to quench my thirst instead of the invigorating water, and have done it ever since.
5. "I thirst!" For what? After the life, which I myself am originally from eternity, and which I have wasted in such abundant fullness from the primordial beginning, on innumerable amounts of beings!
6. It is this life after which I thirst! Endless many times have this life passed into death. I came to snatch it from death. That is why I was very thirsty for the great salvation of this wasted life; but death had taken over so much, that the ever-living blood of love could not let him rise!
7. However, when I demanded to drink life, I was not given life, but death to drink! Vinegar and gall was the potion; Vinegar as the symbol of contraction and hardening, and bile as the symbol of hatred, anger and wrath.
8. This picture is clearly presented, and we want to see how it works for our cause!
9. Behold, therefore, I call to all the world, as to you, continually: "I thirst!" Or what is one and the same: "Love Me, give Me to drink your love! Love God over everything and your neighbor as yourself! That is the water of life – then, thirst for Me in you!"
10. Question: Do you give Me this water? Or do you not just give Me vinegar and bile as well?!
11. The little I ask of you is nothing but love and the deed after it. But if, instead of the true, living love-act, you only read and do nothing, except what appeals to your world-sense one way or another, - Question: Is not that vinegar with bile, that you offer Me instead of the living water?! Yes, I say to you, the more you keep reading and do nothing but what pleases you according to your worldly sense, the more acidic the vinegar and the more bitter the bile!
12. It is then said, "It is finished!" But what? - My own fight for you; for I can do no more than as your Creator, God and Lord, and eternal life, to take your own death upon Me!
13. But that I cannot be killed in My eternal Spirit, that needs no further explanation. Only the fight for your life, I can drive to the endless highest level. But since you are finite yourselves, so too must this struggle have some ultimate goal. When this goal is attained, then the fight is accomplished, as far as I am concerned, but nonetheless also with you, who, out of sheer gratitude, instead of the living water of love, only offer vinegar with gall to Me!
14. It is certainly accomplished; but not for you, but unfortunately only for Myself! Or: I have done everything for you that only ever stands in the Divine possibility; that is why I have done My work for you. But do you also act as if this work was accomplished within you?
|Chapter 5||Mobile view About us|