|Chapter 5||Explanation of Scriptures|
"I am thirsty!" "It is finished!" (John.19,28 .30 written on 28.12.1843)
1. But so that you do not want to say in the end, as if not every text is a complete central sun, but only such as I put it here Myself, choose for yourself a text, as you want, and we will see, then, if it does not truly enlighten one and the same main reason as the same central sun before the eyes of the spirit. And so, do such!
2. You have taken the two short texts: "I thirst" and: "It is finished!"
3. But before we pass to the clear illumination, I must already give you the assurance that I have completely released the choice to you; because otherwise you could say in the end, I just gave you what I deem necessary. And now we go over to the main thing!
4. "I thirst!" - After the love that the world does not have - that's why she even gave me only vinegar and bile to quench my thirst instead of the invigorating water, and have done it ever since.
5. "I thirst!" For what? After the life, which I myself am originally from eternity, and which I have wasted in such abundant fullness from the primordial beginning, on innumerable amounts of beings!
6. It is this life after which I thirst! Endless many times have this life passed into death. I came to snatch it from death. That is why I was very thirsty for the great salvation of this wasted life; but death had taken over so much, that the ever-living blood of love could not let him rise!
7. However, when I demanded to drink life, I was not given life, but death to drink! Vinegar and gall was the potion; Vinegar as the symbol of contraction and hardening, and bile as the symbol of hatred, anger and wrath.
8. This picture is clearly presented, and we want to see how it works for our cause!
|Chapter 5||Mobile view About us|