|Chapter 21||The Great Gospel of John, Book 1|
10. Where can you find an initial complete faith, where the right piety? Where does one love another, except he has some selfish motive? Where are those now who loved their wife for the sake of fertility? they love the young harlots for sensual pleasure, lechery and harlotry. for he who carries on with the other sex in downright idolatry of lust and fornication commits true harlotry, and this the evil of all evils. - Where is there a thief who would take a lamp and steal visibly?
John 3:20: "Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed."
11. Behold, all those who are ill-disposed and act accordingly are the ones whose works are bad. '"Whosoever loves and practices such acts is an enemy of the light, hates it and will do all in his power to avoid it, so that his evil works, which he knows are tabooed by the light and judged, should not in the light be recognised in their ugliness and punished.
12. And behold, therein consists the actual judgement, but what you understand as judgment, is not the judgement, but only a punishment following the judgment.
13. If you enjoy walking in the night, that is already a judgement of your soul, since you prefer the night to the day. But if you then knock against something and hurt yourself badly or even fall into a hole or deep ditch, such a knocking or fall is not the judgement, but only the consequence of the judgement within you who love the night and hate the day.
John 3:21: "But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen clearly that what he has done has been done through God."
14. If, however, you are a friend of the light, the day and the truth out of God, you will also act in accordance with divine truth and will surely long for your works to come to the light and be revealed to everyone, for you know that your works, because they were done in the light of truth out of God, are good and righteous and thus deserve appreciation and visible reward.
15. Therefore, who is a friend of the light will not walk in the night but by day, and he will recognise the light immediately, because he is from the light, and this light is called - faith of the heart.
16. Thus, whoever believes in the Son of Man that Jew is a light out of God, has already life within him. But who does not believe, has already the judgment within him, and the judgement is the very unbelief.
17. I think you will have understood Me now.'
|Chapter 21||Mobile view About us|