|Chapter 38||The Great Gospel of John, Book 10|
The Lord warns the rabbi (23/20)
1. But the old rabbi, who so far did not dare to taste of the wine, came to Me and asked Me for permission to also have a drink of the wonder wine.
2. I said: "Although you are more gentile than all the other gentiles, without considering that no one can serve 2 lords who are each others enemies, because he secretly must be the enemy of the one or the other and must by that still do for each one of them what is required from him. Or can someone serve God and the mammon of the world at the same time? And still, you have done that for a long time. Thus, change your heart and drink of the wine of truth, so that your soul may be enlightened."
3. Then the rabbi took also a cup full of wine and drank it to the bottom.
4. When he had the wine in him, he also burst out in a great eulogy about the wine and My power, and at the end of his eulogy, swinging the cup up high that was filled once more, he said (the rabbi): "Yes, You are indeed the One for who all the Jews and also the gentiles have waited so long. Therefore, hail You, Son of David, and hail also all men on Earth through You. Honor to God on high and honor to You, His Son."
5. I said: "Now your words were good, but if you will cry out once more 'Hail the high gods of Rome' death will not be far away from you. To be truthfully a friend for all men, whether they are Jews or gentiles, is good and right, and is also My will, for I also let My sun shine and radiate over the Jews and gentiles in the same measure. But to still strengthen men in their error, who languish for the truth in their old blindness, instead of guiding them to the way of the original light out of true, pure and selfless neighborly love, is worse than being a thief and a street robber. Remember that, old, ambiguous teacher who often taught the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to the Jews with fervent zeal, but immediately after that, you went to the school of the gentiles and then spoke lowly and scornfully about the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and made Him ridiculous. Be either a complete Jew or become a gentile if you find greater satisfaction in the heathendom for your chameleon-like soul."
6. The rabbi said: "Lord, be forgiving and merciful to me, a great sinner against You, and forgive me my many and big sins."
7. I said: "As far as I am concerned, they are forgiven, but see to it also that they will also be forgiven by the people to whose souls you have caused much harm for the sake of the reward."
8. On this, the captain said to Me: "Lord, I will arrange this matter for him, and he will have understood now himself what he will have to do in the future. But I think that we will not need a gentile priest anymore in the future. It will be the same if our children will be taught in reading, writing and counting by gentile or Jewish teachers, and so this rabbi can continue to teach our children in these 3 subjects. However, what concerns religion, I will take care of it myself that our old polytheism will be changed as soon as possible in a monotheism. But now I ask You, divine Master and Lord, and from now on our God, that You should show us, who were gentiles up to now, the right way that we should go in the future, for until now we are still standing in the old darkness."
9. Then I preached about the Kingdom of God on Earth to them, and taught these gentiles in all things in the same manner as I had done in other places.
10. That teaching lasted 7 full hours, thus almost until 3 hours after midday. And they all believed in Me – also those who were outside of the house, since they heard My words through the open windows.
11. Only after I had finished My preaching, the midday meal was served, at which also those had to participate who had become believing outside.
|Chapter 38||Mobile view About us|