|Chapter 2||Paul's Letter to Laodicea|
30. Since you are now resurrected in Christ, why do you heed what happens below on the world, and why do you seek to satisfy the world's statutes which are the work of human beings?
31. Seek what is above. There Christ is sitting to the right of the Father; that would be more becoming to you than all the totally valueless follies of the world.
32. If you have been awakened in the Spirit and resurrected with Christ, then you are from above and not from below; therefore, seek what is above and not what is below on the earth.
33. Because you are dead to the world and your life is concealed with Christ in God.
34. However, if Christ, who is now your life, will reveal Himself, then you will be revealed with Him in Glory.
35. Put to death anew your world, which is in many members on the earth, just as the members of your body with which you carried on. And now you want to carry on again as you did before: fornication, dishonesty, shameful lust, evil or carnal desires, avarice, envy, miserliness. Within all these characteristics is contained at all times the true idolatry of the heathens.
36. And of all things, avoid lies, because they are the closest descendant of Satan. Undress the old human being and dress the new one in Christ; whosoever renews, comes into the recognition of the One, and into the harmony of the One Who created him.
|Chapter 2||Mobile view About us|