|Chapter 1||The Spiritual Sun, Book 1|
17. Do you already suspect where this glow comes from? From the unity, or the unification. If then the spiritual is perfect and united in himself, how much greater will be the glory of the spiritual than that of its body which only consists of pieces and is therefore also selfish, full of self-interest and thus dead!
18. Let's have another example. You must have seen a silica stone before, of which glass is produced. Let such a rough silica stone, just like its descendant, the glass, the rays pass through unhindered? O no, this you know very well. Why does such a rough silica stone not let the rays through? Because its parts are still too much separated and too little united. If the rays would fall upon it, every little part would devour the rays for himself and will leave nothing, or in a sense only the waste of the absorbed light for his neighbor. But how is it that his descendant, the glass, becomes so generous? Look first, the silica stone is crushed and ground. This way each particle in a sense dies for the other or gets completely separated from the other. Then the silica powder gets washed, then dried, mixed with salt and then put into the furnace where the separate particles become completely mutually united through the salt and the correct temperature of the fire.
19. What does this work say? The selfish spirits are in a certain sense destroyed, to be completely separated from each other. In this separated condition, they get washed, or better said, purified. After being purified, they are dried, a condition denoting being secured. In such a condition, they are first salted with the salt of wisdom and finally, thus prepared, united in the fire of My love. Do you understand this example? You do not yet completely understand it. Well, I will enlighten you even more.
20. The outer matter world in all her parts are (associated with) the rough silica stone. The separation is the forming of the separate beings. The washing of the silica stone is the washing or the stepwise raising to higher potential of spirits in matter. The drying means the freeing or securing of the spirits in unity, finding expression already in man. The salting is the giving of the light of grace in the spirit of man. The final uniting through the heat of the fire in the furnace is the unification of the spirits among each other as well as the fire of My love. As matter in the furnace cannot melt together before they all acquired the same degree of heat of the fire itself, as such also the spirits cannot become mutually of one mind and thus become eternally forbearing before they first become permeated by My Love and thus by Myself. This is written in Scripture: “Be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect” (Matt 5:48). And again, it is written: “...that they may be one as We are” (John 17:11). Look, from this the image should become clear.
21. How then is the unification of the glass expressed? In that all the parts are absorbing the sun's rays, in the same way, all being enlightened completely throughout, being completely saturated by light. Yet, they can let the absorbed light through unhindered. Look, as such, you already learn by means of the window glass, how heavenly relationships are structured and it teaches you at the same time to understand the spiritual sun on a much more exalted level. We will not be contented even with this example, though, but we will refer to some more things at another occasion, by which we will ascend most easily to the spiritual sun, to witness unutterable glories there!
|Chapter 1||Mobile view About us|